UCLA ABUTMENT - COBALT-CHROME (CoCr)
The UCLA Abutment is a castable abutment. It is offered with a machined base, made out by different metal alloy such as: Titanium, Chrome Cobalt or Gold. It may be used for single or multi-unit screw or cement-retained restorations. The UCLA abutment was designed to x implant angulation problems and in some cases depth problems (too much or too little), It may correct angles up to 30 degrees when cast as a custom abutment. A castable abutment cannot compete with a machined abutment. That is why some “clever guy” invented the overcasted UCLA that has a metal base (Ti or CrCo or AU) with a plastic sleeve and you overcast so you get the flexibility of doing almost everything with almost the precision of machined abutment.
- Tend to be corrosion resistance
- Cost-Effective replacement of the Gold UCLA
- Reduces complications with surrounding tissues
- Minimize the possibility for irritation & allergic reaction
- Demonstrates excellent biocompatibility with blood and soft tissues
- The Abutment combines high precision machined interface between the implant and the abutment with the convenience of a castable plastic sleeve.